VSHIP Limited, (collectively "we", the "Company", "VSHIP" or "us" ) respect the privacy rights of the visitors ("Visitors") to the Company's website, www.vship.com, (the "Website") and of individuals who participate in, access or sign up to any of the Company's services, activities or online content (collectively referred to as "Services"). We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data will be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("PDPO"). The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION COLLECTED
Types of personal data and information collected by the Company may include:
- your personal information and contact information (eg. your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address, etc.);
- your business information such as company name and business title;
- your credit card details;
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, IP addresses and domain names, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, the pages that you have viewed and the time spent viewing them while accessing our Website, the search terms that you have entered while using the Services, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device;
- any other information that you provide to us, including any posts, comments, reviews, or other information provided to us in connection with your use of the Services.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
We use personal data and information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- enabling the provision of the Services to you
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- order processing, billing and fulfilment, processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- direct marketing of the Services and the products and services of the Company's business partners
- conducting identity verification, credit checks, research, customer profiling, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- designing services for you
- enabling you to participate in interactive features of our Services, including adding posts and comments to our Website, identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your experience, when you choose to do so
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services
- customizing the Website and its content to your particular preferences
- providing customer services, handling your complaints and account enquiries and to improve our Services
- prevention, detection and investigation of criminal activities
- enabling us to comply with our obligations to our business partners, other users or other industry practices
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it
- for any other purposes with your prior consent.
INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN YOU VISIT THE WEBSITE
- recognize you whenever you visit the Website
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviors and use of the Internet
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services
- target marketing and advertising campaigns of the Company and its business partners and advertisers more effectively
- provide you with a more efficient and pleasant online experience
- enhance Internet security
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We will not sell or transfer your personal data and contact information for gain without your prior written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected. Your personal data or information may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities or organisations, competent courts;
- our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, consultants, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, including without limitation, its directors, employees, agents, consultants, auditors, accountants, or lawyers.
We endeavour to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place. You will, however, appreciate that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to any other legal requirements for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS
If you want to use, order or receive any services or products from any company, organisations or service providers hosted in our Websites which are operated by third party merchants, you acknowledge that any personal data provided by you, once transferred to the relevant merchant, is beyond our control and thus outside the scope of protection offered by us.
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you for direct marketing purposes. Your name, telephone number, correspondence address, email address, social media contact, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern, preferences and behavior, browsing records, content viewing habits, and personal interest held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and other products or services offered by the Company or its business partners or other registered users.
We may contact you by telephone, mail, email, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or a unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease using your personal data.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
ENQUIRIES, DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Privacy Compliance Officer
11/F. & 12/F.,
Tower B, Regent Centre,
63 Wo Yi Hop Road,
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
In the event of any inconsistency between the Chinese translation and the English text hereof, the English text shall prevail.
Last updated: 28 March 2018